Logic Pro 8 Activate or bypass ALL plugins?

Fr3ShiE

Logician
Guys this manual is impossible, is there a way to activate and bypass all plugins in a project at once? I made a template for my recording situation and I want to record the band without the CPU drain of the plugins then activate all preset dynamics, EQs and effects for playback with a single click or keystroke?

Thanks!
:brkwl: :thmbup:

You can use the "Low Latency Mode" but make sure that the latency compensation isn't set to "All".
I wish that the latency compensation was visible in the transport bar. I have often forgotten about it and I think I wouldn't have if it was visible somewhere in arrange or preferably in the transport bar.
BTW didn't the affected plugins in "low latency mode" used to be orange. Now I find that only the sends change colours and not the actual plugins on the busses.

Upvote 0
Thanks!

I want to completely bypass or activate all of them; bypass to record and activate for playback. I have almost 50 that I curretly option click one at a time to bypass or activate, I wanna just do it all at once.

:hippy:

Upvote 0
I want to completely bypass or activate all of them;
I see, many Logic users ask about same feature or even more - to be able to Bypass multiple plugins with one click or Prg. change but to use different bypass sets ( snapshots ) to be able to make A/B compare etc... Long time ago I developed a special Environment tool named "Matrix Bypass", but you could make different Plugin bypass combinations and compare but inside one Channel strip only.
After that I started to develop so called "SNAPSHOT CONSOLE" - (SC). Well it is ready now and it is a full complex Logic Environment tool/template which currently supports 32 Audio Tracks, 32 Istr.tracks, 32 Aux ... The SC can save and load Mixer snapshots of Inserts, Sends, Pan, Level, Mute and Solo. Thanks to the new powerful header ( I develop lately ) it can store up to 60 Presets which support "Program Change" and "Control Change" recall. The user can make now "Snapshot Automation", recording Prog. Messages or CC# on a special "Header Track". The new "Header" supports internal Clipboard so it stores temporary all you are doing on your Logic mixer till the time you decide to save to a given preset. The internal Clipboard can manage copy/paste one preset to other etc... Anyway the SC is a part of my new "Logic Advanced Midi Tools" bundle, so I hope to release it in a few months ( need some time for making videos, manuals etc... ) Here is a non official Demo Video ( no voice over ) of the "Snapshot Console":

Logic Snapshot Console Demo Video
- DOWNLOAD

Right to your problem. I just made a small macro tool for you - " Global Bypass ".
Look at the picture below. In fact it is one "universal" macro cause the Audio Track and the Instrument channel strips differ by one channel regarding the internal Bypass messages. That's why I created a small additional button labeled as "Instr.". In the Demo scheme/template below I have copied the "Global Bypass" tool and cabled to the A.T and A.I but the "Instr" button of the A.I tool is "ON" which means that it will filter the bypass of the Audio Instruments. The Global red Button is cabled to both tools so you must click it only. It corresponds to "Program Change 0-1 if decide to patch it to the Physical Input and use some external control ! You can make a "Frameless" small float window of this button and save a Screenset with it as well.
There is a stand alone Environment layer of the "Global Bypass Tool", so you can easy import to other Logic song project etc...

Logic Global Bypass Helper - DOWNLOAD

globbyp.gif

Upvote 0
Or you could just make a template without the plugins and make a copy/paste after the recording.
Personally I don't think I have ever been in a situation where I wanted to bypass all plugins. I do bypass selected plugins almost everytime I record but would still need softsynths, reverbs etc so I would never use it.
How many plugins are you talking about since draining the cpu is an issue. I recently added live drums (12 tracks) to song that was almost mixed with tons of plugins, softsynths, samples and +25 tracks......and I have an ancient G5.

Upvote 0
Or you could just make a template without the plugins and make a copy/paste after the recording.
Personally I don't think I have ever been in a situation where I wanted to bypass all plugins. I do bypass selected plugins almost everytime I record but would still need softsynths, reverbs etc so I would never use it.
How many plugins are you talking about since draining the cpu is an issue. I recently added live drums (12 tracks) to song that was almost mixed with tons of plugins, softsynths, samples and +25 tracks......and I have an ancient G5.

Brilliant, I knew it was something like that... I wasn't thinking abstractly enough, in the simplest terms.

I'm still on an old G4 powerbook for this application.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Awesome idea!

I want to completely bypass or activate all of them;
I see, many Logic users ask about same feature or even more - to be able to Bypass multiple plugins with one click or Prg. change but to use different bypass sets ( snapshots ) to be able to make A/B compare etc... Long time ago I developed a special Environment tool named "Matrix Bypass", but you could make different Plugin bypass combinations and compare but inside one Channel strip only.
After that I started to develop so called "SNAPSHOT CONSOLE" - (SC). Well it is ready now and it is a full complex Logic Environment tool/template which currently supports 32 Audio Tracks, 32 Istr.tracks, 32 Aux ... The SC can save and load Mixer snapshots of Inserts, Sends, Pan, Level, Mute and Solo. Thanks to the new powerful header ( I develop lately ) it can store up to 60 Presets which support "Program Change" and "Control Change" recall. The user can make now "Snapshot Automation", recording Prog. Messages or CC# on a special "Header Track". The new "Header" supports internal Clipboard so it stores temporary all you are doing on your Logic mixer till the time you decide to save to a given preset. The internal Clipboard can manage copy/paste one preset to other etc... Anyway the SC is a part of my new "Logic Advanced Midi Tools" bundle, so I hope to release it in a few months ( need some time for making videos, manuals etc... ) Here is a non official Demo Video ( no voice over ) of the "Snapshot Console":

Logic Snapshot Console Demo Video
- DOWNLOAD

Right to your problem. I just made a small macro tool for you - " Global Bypass ".
Look at the picture below. In fact it is one "universal" macro cause the Audio Track and the Instrument channel strips differ by one channel regarding the internal Bypass messages. That's why I created a small additional button labeled as "Instr.". In the Demo scheme/template below I have copied the "Global Bypass" tool and cabled to the A.T and A.I but the "Instr" button of the A.I tool is "ON" which means that it will filter the bypass of the Audio Instruments. The Global red Button is cabled to both tools so you must click it only. It corresponds to "Program Change 0-1 if decide to patch it to the Physical Input and use some external control ! You can make a "Frameless" small float window of this button and save a Screenset with it as well.
There is a stand alone Environment layer of the "Global Bypass Tool", so you can easy import to other Logic song project etc...

Logic Global Bypass Helper - DOWNLOAD

globbyp.gif

I don't like to download stuff, ultra sketchy. I post stuff like this too so thank you very much and I will explore the environment further. I have my Reason and Logic templates & for my Novation SL ReMOTE that I need to post here. Avail on the Props website.

Upvote 0
Back