Logic Pro 9 Logic problems with novation x-station

jazzisfaction

hey there,
i have logic 9.1.8
mountain lion 10.8.2
and a novation x-station

i installed all the latest drivers from novation - which is 2.5b2 and for auto map 4.5

whenever i open logic i don't get any sound and i even can't use the normal buttons anymore.
i de-install my novation drivers. i re-install them. live ableton works perfectly with the novation x-station.
i open logic: the same problem and after that live ableton also doesn't work properly anymore.
i de-install my novation drivers. i re-install them. live ableton works perfectly with the novation x-station.
i open logic: the same problem and after that live ableton also doesn't work properly anymore....and so on and so on...

please help...i'm a composer and logic is my main program me. i can't buy a new interface just for that....
anyone out there with some advice?

thanx so much
Peer

When you say that you deinstalled the Novation drivers, did you also go in the Control Surface Setup window to delete the Novation control surface icon in there? Did you reboot your computer afterward, before resintalling the Novation drivers? Did you carefully followed the instructions during the resintallation process of the Novation drivers? Once the Novation drivers reinstalled, did you first boot Logic in 32bit mode?
Providing that your X-Station is Automap compliant, the following procedure could be of some help.
Here is a post of the procedure to install Novation/Automap with Logic:

1- Make sure that you have installed Automap as the first controller, regardless if this is initial installation or an update of Automap.
To ensure this:
-Uninstall the Automap from your computer.
-Unplug your Novation keyboard and all the other MIDI devices or controllers from your computer.
-Reboot your computer.
-Go in Logic and delete all MIDI controllers from the MIDI Controller Setup Window.
-Quit Logic.
-Put Logic in 32bit mode.
-Install the latest Automap version as directed.
-Make sure you choose the right Novation product during the Automap installation.
-Make sure everything goes flawlessly; ifnot, restart the process of uninstallation / reinstallation described so far.
-Once the above steps completed, if Automap advises to update the firmware of your Novation keyboard: proceed with same as directed.
-If you had to do the firmware update (mentionned in previous step), you will have to redo (yes again!) the process of uninstallation / reinstallation described so far. (Tedious, I know, but necessary as I went through the process myself several times with the SLMkII and it is the only way I managed to have Logic respond properly).
-Reboot your computer.
-Restart Logic in 32bit mode (as it should have been during the whole process described so far).

Normally your installation should yeld into a set of Automap AU plugins that should be visible as distinct plugins into the various list of plugins available in Logic. Your Novation keyboard will control the Automap version of the plugins, hence these are the one you need to instantiate in Logic and will then be playable via Novation keyboard/Automap. The other (regular/ non-Automap version) plugins should be controllable via a regular CC MIDI controller (or Novation keyboard in regular MIDI - non-Automap mode).

2- Once all of the above is successfully completed and tested, restart Logic in 64bit mode.
Normally from here, if everything is still working well in 64bit mode, you can re-connect / reinstall your other MIDI control surface(s) / controller(s) / gear(s), if any...

âž¡ I strongly recommend that you do the re-connection / re-installation of your other devices in Logic 32bit mode and then switch it to 64bit mode. That 32bit / 64bit mode installation sequence is mandatory when installing plugins (as you probably already know...).

âž¡ Save the above mentionned procedure, you will definitely need it at the next Automap / Novation keyboard firmware / control surface installation / Logic change / etc... update!

Hopes that is of some help...

Upvote 0
Back