Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12core or 8core?

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by bryannew, Apr 27, 2015.

1. bryannew

bryannew New Member

i will try to be brief, but this might take some explaining...

Still using Logic 9 and have no intention of moving to Logic X. I currently use
    a 2009 Macpro 8 core and, as I am sticking with Logic 9 and OSX 8/9, I have no need of one of the latest Macpros. I have had firewire problems with my Mac and have been told by more than a few people/software developers that the 2009 has issues because of the extremely cheap components used by Apple at that time. Eventually I will be forced to move to a new Mac (or even go Cubase/PC), but I want to keep with my current setup as long as possible.
    I can get a refurbed 2012 12 core Macpro for around $3000. Getting one of these would (hopefully) solve the Firewire issues and also keep my system running at the best performance possible for that model Macpro
    - or would it?
    Anyone have experience with these two models (8core & 12core)? Or, just have an opinion?
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

4. bryannew

bryannew New Member

thanks but the firewire isn't really the issue (although it is part of it - and I already tried that).
    I want to get the 12 core so that I can have the most powerful machine available without getting a new Macpro.