1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16 channels of 2882 into Logic 9 via Aggregate mode

Discussion in 'Metric Halo' started by ra byn, May 15, 2010.

1. ra byn

ra byn New Member

I've read over the details of setting up 16 analog channels in Logic 9 so that I can monitor all 16 without the limitations of ADAT /AES & submixing. I'm hoping to record @ 24bit / 96k & create a stereo 24bit/96k mix at the same time.

So a few questions.

Best to capture the stereo 24bit/96k mix in the MIO RECORD PANEL?

I would also like to record MCU fader automation in Logic so that the live mix can be tweaked later on & recalled.

So with all that said, I would like to back up the raw tracks & unless there is a reason not too, I'd record all 16 analog MIO 2882 inputs @ 24/96k in the REC PANEL & then also in Logic. Too much? If so, can I track the raw audio files in the REC PANEL but capture midi fader automation in Logic & then merge the two in Logic easily? I made an attempt & even with only 8 16bit/44.1k files, importing them took forever. I'm afraid 16 x 24bit/96k files that are more than a hour long each will take the next 2 weeks which I don't have.

So it would appear that the simplest & cleanest approach would be to capture all 16 @ 24bit/96k & midi fader automation in Logic & NOT capture a dry signal in the MIO Record panel but this leaves me no backup options. Does it hurt anything to record to a separate HD via the REC PANEL too?

I'll also be recording a analog mix to a Tascam SSCDR1 via Compact Flash & also another 2 track recorder. Both at 16/44.1.

So any thoughts from those of you who do this sort of thing are greatly appreciated. I have about a week before I have to make up my mind & actually commit.

Thanks in advance,

ra byn
  3. Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand Member

I would record the RP tracks to a different drive, possibly on a different bus. Other than that, there shouldn't be a problem recording in Logic and the Record Panel at the same time.