1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 1st and 2nd Endings and Repeats

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by pianokeys135, Jul 14, 2011.

1. pianokeys135

pianokeys135 New Member

Hi - Can someone explain to me how to make first and second endings in a score, and have the playhead follow them? I can't figure it out...

Thanks!

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

It won't follow them - not without a lot of work anyway. You can use skip cycle to skip the first ending and go directly to the second ending.

To create a first or second ending in the score, go to the part box and click on the repeats icon. Drag and drop. Sometimes it's best to adjust the length of them in linear view rather than score view.

Speaking of linear, that's the way you probably need to have your project set up to listen to the flow ie: verse 1, 1st ending, verse 2, second ending, bridge, etc.

4. pianokeys135

pianokeys135 New Member

Thanks. Ugh. I wish Apple would do some work on the scoring aspect of Logic....

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Check out Doug Zangar's Logic Score tutorials over at groove3.com for some great in-depth info on anything score related!

6. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

@pianokeys135: Amen to that - hopefully we'll see useful improvements in the next version of Logic.

@daveyboy: Thanks for the plug!