1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 2 MAC WORKS WITH LOGIC 9

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by wha, Aug 7, 2009.

1. wha

wha New Member

Hi,
    I'm a brand new Logic Studio Pro user, I have used Cubase/Nuendo for many years...I have a question: If I have 2 macs (1 macbook pro + 1 iMac) and a copy of Logic 9, can I sync the 2 computers to increase the power of my music system? How can I sync the 2 macs? Can I install Logic 9 into 2 computers and how it works together? For example: Can I use virtual instruments into the macbook pro and the rest of the virtual devices into the iMac? ...Thanks for your help!
    :confused:

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Yes you can. Just use the Node feature in Logic Studio. Some data processing will not be transferable to the other computer(s) but it should work. Refer to the user manual for details. It is more than advisable to have a display on screen on what is going on on each computer...

4. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

Yes you can, but with the following difference: What you're actually doing using the Logic Node is off loading some calculations on the first first computer onto the second, making use of the second computer's CPU. You're not actually running two separate instances of Logic Pro. At least that's the way it works in Logic 8.