1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2882 & Logic 9.1: 32 bit-mode only?

Discussion in 'Metric Halo' started by Pasfaz, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Pasfaz

Pasfaz New Member

Although it is said on the MH page that "All products are Snow Leopard (10.6) compatible and Intel native on both the 32-bit and 64-bit kernels", I'm here with Logic 9.1, and it wont make a sound through the 2882 when operating in 64-bit mode.

The Console Connect plug only seems to be available through Logic's "AU 32-bit bridge", and even then it wont make a sound.

The MIO Console (5.2) stand-alone app is silent too (no activity on the meters).

When I start Logic 9.1 in 32 bit mode however the 2882 operates smoothly as usual.

Any comments?

TIA

(my setup: iMac i7 quad, 10.6.2)

3. Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand Member

I am not having any issues here running Logic in 64 bit with a 2882.

ConsoleConnect only runs in 32 bit mode, but has no bearing on passing audio; it only provides a data path between your DAW and MIOConsole.

MIO Console is behaving normally.

I suggest you get in touch with support, as it sounds like something is not right with your installation.

Allen

4. Pasfaz

Pasfaz New Member

Sorry, my bad. In the meantime I did a version check and it turns out I had updated everything BUT ConsoleConnect, which was still in a 2008 version... :redface:

Works fine now. That 32bit bridge thingy is quite annoying tho, I think I'll switch back to Logic in 32 mode until I see some plugins upgrade.

Thanks a lot.