1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2882 Routing question

Discussion in 'Metric Halo' started by curtis, Jun 10, 2009.

1. curtis

curtis New Member

I am interested in setting EWQL Play instrument as a stand alone outside of Logic (to take advantage of all of my RAM). I would like to be able to then route that signal back into Logic (via my 2882 of course).

Is there any way to take the outputs of the 2882 and route them to the inputs so I can bring that signal back into Logic using only the MIO console?

I hope that made sense.

Thanks,

Curtis

3. Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand Member

This is easy using Firewire returns; the implementation depends on which version of MIO Console you're running. This video shows how to route between Logic and Mainstage in v5; you could use the same technique. This is also possible in v4, but a little different in execution.

Best,
    Allen

4. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Does that interface have ADAT I/O routing, either in its console app or by plugging a cable form the in to out?

If so, you can do it that way, as I do with my RME card. If not you could use Soundflower.

BTW, I Have tutorials on setting up both Kontakt and EW SD2 as standalones with Soundflower in my book, "Going Pro With Logic Pro 8."

5. Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand Member

Jay,
    While both of those techniques will work, neither is necessary with MH interfaces. Assuming Logic is outputting on DAW 1&2, set Play to output on DAW 3&4. In the MIO Console, route DAW 3&4 to FW 1&2. Play now appears on Inputs 1&2 in Logic.

Best,
    Allen

6. curtis

curtis New Member

Thanks guys,

I will try your suggestions as soon as I can. I just had a new job come through so I won't have time to try this for the next few days.

Thanks again!

Curtis

7. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Great. WIth my RME card, I can also do it with their Total Mix software.

Curtis, I am assuming you will want to keep instruments in Play going to discrete outputs. You might consider hosting it in Plogue Bidule, or Vienna Ensemble Pro, when it is released.