Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2882 to Drawmer Mx 30 and back to 2882

Discussion in 'Metric Halo' started by Liedschatten, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Liedschatten

Liedschatten New Member

Hi there!

I recently contacted the fantastic Metric Halo Support to answer my questions but I still don't get my "problem" solved properly. Maybe you can help:

I would like to use a Drawmer Mx 30 as an external gate and compressor.

What I did so far:

2882 outputs 5/6 connected to the inputs of the drawmer.
    Drawmer Outputs connected to Analog 1 & 2 of the 2882 to record the processed material which comes out of the drawmer.

Now I want to:
    1. Listen to the material before the drawmer and after and I tried to route this in the monitor controller. But always there wasn't either a signal at all or I had a big feedback coming out of my headphones or monitors.
    2. Integrating this into Logic Studio

Can anybody help me how to implement a drawmer or any other outboard?

Thanks in advance!!!!!
  3. Stevelalonde

Stevelalonde New Member

To integrate with logic, Your answer is in the plugin utility>I/o

There you can create sends on every track to the MIO console. You then need to setup your console to send back the audio to logic.

E.g. Create a new track in MIO console, put daw3 as input and fw3 as direct output. (after the plugins) you can now insert a MIO strip and use the character. You put an I/o plugin on your guitar track in logic and you're good to go!

For more information see p134 of the mh user guide
    Or this SOS article

To send to your drawer, you'll need two strips in MIO console. One with daw 5/6 as input and analogue 5/6 as direct output. Another with say analogue 5/6 as input and fw5/6 as direct output. You can also create sends to your headphones mix to monitor what's happening.