1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 3 questions

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Edgold, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

1. I finally upgraded to Lion and I'm sorry I did. (I've had endless problems with it.) Where do I place the Logic files in Lion, (I was on with Lion tech support at great length this past week and apparently it makes a difference.) music or documents or elsewhere?

2. How do I edit my signature. I've forgotten and want to reflect that I'm running Logic 9.15 instead of 9:14.

3. And how do I quickly find my posts on the forum?

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Can't help with Loin, but:

2. Quick Links in the navbar above right:

User Control Panel Edit signature

3. ControlPanel > Profile > Statistics > Find posts

PS, it's best to ask the forum questions in a separate thread, e.g. in the Discuss the LUG site forum

4. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

Thanks, Pete.

5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

You can save a Logic doc in the folder of your choice, preferably on a hard drive other than your system drive for best performance.

My strategy was to install lion on an external drive that contained a clone of my current install.

So that I could play around with Lion, AND keep a working system.

I'll just monitor OSX and app updates and switch when the cake is baked.

:cool:

6. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

With all the problems I've had with Lion and Logic, I don't dare do this at the moment. It's possible when I get all my usable files off the external disk I can erase and reformat it and do as you suggest but right now I think it will only make matters worse to put Lion on it.

I will probably phone Lion tech support one more time (I hope) this morning.

7. Gio

Gio Member

Logic 9.1.5 with OSX Lion (10.7.1) on MBP 17" 2.66 i7, 8gig RAM.
    3 Firewire Drives, Fireface 800, Yamaha EX5 as keyboard controller, Yamaha DM2000 as control surface.
    No problems here.
    Good Luck
    Ciao
    Gio