1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32 bit Plug-ins with Pro X?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by LRobMiller, Dec 9, 2013.

1. LRobMiller

LRobMiller New Member

When using PT 11, or Sequoia, I can use my 32 bit plug-ins. Is this possible in Pro X?

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Logic Pro X only allows 64 bit Audio Units. However, there are workarounds, such as 32 lives from sound radix.

kind regards

Mark

4. DeeJay SchmeeJay

DeeJay SchmeeJay New Member

There are some free workarounds out there that require some fidgeting around, but I recently bought Radix's 32 Lives and I'm very happy with the results on my 32 bit fx plugins and instruments. It's a wrapper, (much like the old fxpansion vst-rtas wrapper) so once you've "wrapped" your 32 bit plugins they simply open and behave as they normally would. I have no affiliation with the company so I'm speaking as a simple end user.

5. LRobMiller

LRobMiller New Member

Radix's site doesn't list Waves plug-ins, or am I missing something?

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Waves Plug-Ins are now 64 bit.

kind regards

Mark

7. DeeJay SchmeeJay

Yeah, I personally wouldn't consider using a wrapper for plugins that have already been updated to 64 bit. If Waves are the only plugins you need to get running in Logic X then it might be worth renewing your Waves Update Plan instead. I use 32 Lives for some of my golden oldies that are no longer being developed. And heck - it even works with Melodyne Bridge (warning: have not tested EXTENSIVELY).

8. LRobMiller

LRobMiller New Member

I have the new 64 bit Waves Mercury bundle, but I have other 32 bit Waves which I don't have 64 bit versions of.

9. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

I would rather expect that 32 Lives cannot work with Waves Plugins because it works with single Plugins in the Components folder while Waves uses it's proprietary Waves Shell.

But best would be to ask Sound Radix about that.

10. DeeJay SchmeeJay

Excellent point, Peter.

11. LRobMiller

LRobMiller New Member

Thanks, Peter. I'll keep looking.