1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd party 32bit bridge made for Logic X...

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by charlie, Jan 9, 2014.

1. charlie

charlie Senior member

Just came across this today;

I have no experience with this product but think it could be a very powerful tool for those of us still on a fence with Logic X's 64-bit only platform...
    Apparently, this is a bridge or wrapper to allow you to still use your beloved older plug-ins in X.
    Have at it. :thmbup:
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Hi Charlie

I've been using 32 lives for a while now, am pretty happy with it. It allows more than one 32 bit AU to be open in Logic, making it more confortable then the 32 bit Audio Unit Bridge in Logic 9, and it has been stable so far in ML and Mavericks. It's useful for some legacy AUs I don't want to do without, such as some TC Powercore effects, NI Pro 53 and B4. The list of still being developed 32 bit AUs which are not yet 64 bit is indeed getting shorter, I suppose the most significant here would be Speakerphone, which works with 32 lives.

kind regards

4. charlie

charlie Senior member

Ahhh! :redface:
    First I'm hearing about it. I might check that out then...
    Just curious, you said you could open more than one 32bit AU with this wrapper... Is there a limit of 32bit plugs being open at once? Can you freeze tracks like normal? -Just curious...
  5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I probably phrased it badly, what I meant was, it is possible to have the UIs of multiple 32lives wrapped Plugins opened and showing simultaneously in Logic.

I expect so, but to be honest, I never use the freeze function.

kind regards

6. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

By curiosity, does it also works with MainStage 3.0.2?
  7. TSUPLog

TSUPLog New Member

I've tried the demo version with Liquid Mix 32 in Logic X ( Mountain Lion ) . Logic verifies
    the stereo plugin but not the mono . Does anyone know if this is the case with the
    current version of 32Lives ?