Logic Pro 9 9.1.7

FWIW, I'm still getting the well documented spinning beach ball at startup with 9.1.7 and OS 10.6.8, just as I did with 9.1.6. ...
So, I'm still stuck on 9.1.5 for the time being :(
Same here.

Somehow I find it funny to complain about a couple of seconds. We waste much more time with other things then starting a computer program. But well, if the wrong 20 seconds come in the wrong second ... ;) ... I also went back to 9.1.5

Upvote 0
:brkwl:
I'm stuck in OSX.6.7 due to still rocking an apogee symphony 32 card but might pop for the 64 card upgrade assuming this new version of logic works fine in OSX.6.8 (symph 64 still doesn't work in lion). Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daveyboy,
I'm in the same boat, what to do. If I buy the 64 card I'm sure it won't be long before it will not be supported. I really like the Rosseta 800 and all the apogee product but thinking about jumping ship to the Lynx Aurora.

Yes, I feel it silly to spend the $ on the 64 card if it won't even be supported in Lion. I spoke to Apogee at the end of 2011 and they said the lion drivers would be out by January. I don't believe them anymore. So, I'm happy to stay where I am for the time being or, like yourself, invest in different converters. I wouldn't mind something a little more transparent sounding, which is what the Lynx supposedly offer.

Upvote 0
Piano Roll Move&Select window information missing!??!

Is it happening to you with every Logic Project?

Good point.I just tried on a new project and it all works fine.
Strange.....

Thanks Mark

I just installed 9.1.7 today and I am getting that error in the Piano Roll. I've checked a couple projects in both 32 and 64 bit mode and it does not fix the problem. Did it just go away for you? I've fixed permissions and shut my 'puter off and on again and nothing seems to fix this problem. Any suggestions would be great!?!?!?

Upvote 0
I just installed 9.1.7 today and I am getting that error in the Piano Roll. I've checked a couple projects in both 32 and 64 bit mode and it does not fix the problem. Did it just go away for you? I've fixed permissions and shut my 'puter off and on again and nothing seems to fix this problem. Any suggestions would be great!?!?!?
I did exactly what you did (restart & fix permissions) and I also ran DiskWarrior from another drive, which reported no faults.

I opened the same problematic project and there was no improvement.

The next day, I booted up Logic again and the problem was gone. I'm sorry to say that I have no idea what changed things.

I must add that after updating to 9.1.7, all my Logic projects reverted to the old Logic 7 icons in the Finder. After the restart, that problem had gone.

One more issue (which I have reported to Apple):
When Logic has booted, I get the alert asking what I want to do. (I've set up my prefs that way). Whatever I select, there is a long gap and often the spinning pizza of doom before Logic reacts or anything happens.

Upvote 0
When Logic has booted, I get the alert asking what I want to do. (I've set up my prefs that way). Whatever I select, there is a long gap and often the spinning pizza of doom before Logic reacts or anything happens.

This is a known issue that began with Logic 9.1.6. I've tried to follow the various discussions on the various forums about this; and there doesn't seem to be any definitive solution to the problem (at least that I know of.) It's been suggested that it has to do with DNS server IDs, that Logic is searching Apple's website for something or other when this happens. But I'm really not certain.

Upvote 0
Hi guys. Just joined the forum in the hope that someone may have a suggestion. Had a system happily working on Snow Leopard with a TC Electronic Konnekt 48 and Logic 9.1.6. Up dated Logic to 9.1.7 and now it's just about unusable. When I load a song and start playing i get a loud crack through the speakers and the DAW meters in the interface control panel jump to full clip. When I stop the song playing there is another loud crack. Logic looks like it's working - i.e. metering and no error messages, but no audio. If I close Logic, then restart the TC, then reopen the song sometimes it works. Tried then rolling back to Logic 9.1.6 and the problem occurs in that version now as well. THe only change I have made is the update to 9.1.7. Does anyone have any possible solutions? Cheers

Upvote 0
Richj
Have you updated all drivers, repaired permissions etc?

Have you tried to open the project using your Mac's Built-in Output vs the TC? Does the project play back properly?

Try starting with a new Empty project template, quickly creating a new project. What happens with the TC? With the Mac's Built-in Output?

Upvote 0
Hi CSeye, thanks for the reply. After a bit more experimentation tonight the problem seems to be with project files created before 9.1.7. I repaired permissions as suggested with no improvement. I then created a new project and imported the audio files from a previous project - it works OK! When I open up a recent project using the file menu, or try to launch an older project by double clicking the problem returns. Reload the newly created file and my audio returns. This doesn't look like it will be a problem with any new projects, but it means a lot of hours rebuilding the projects which I am currently working on.......any thoughts??

Also the response of the mixer meters has slowed right down. Takes a good two or three seconds after starting a track for the meters to respond.......If I insert one from plugins menu they work fine. Just be nice to have a mixer responding in real time!

Upvote 0
I did exactly what you did (restart & fix permissions) and I also ran DiskWarrior from another drive, which reported no faults.

I opened the same problematic project and there was no improvement.

The next day, I booted up Logic again and the problem was gone. I'm sorry to say that I have no idea what changed things.

I must add that after updating to 9.1.7, all my Logic projects reverted to the old Logic 7 icons in the Finder. After the restart, that problem had gone.

Thanks. They only thing I haven't done is Disk Warrior. I'll try that next. It has been several days my computer has been off the whole weekend and I'm still getting that error. Hopefully Disk Warrior fixes the minor tweak and things go back to normal...I hope!

Upvote 0
Richj,
What Mac model? How much RAM? 32 bit or 64 bit mode?

My Mac Pro 1,1 (2006) is running 9.1.7 with OSX 10.7.2 without any sluggishness, or other issues. I can open, play, and modify old projects without any trouble.

Could be some files are corrupt.

Try trashing your Logic preferences (actually just drag them to your desktop in case you want to put it back into your Preferences folder)
Users/Library/Preferences/
-com.apple.logic.pro.plist
- com.apple.logic.pro.cs
- com.apple.logic.pro.LSSharedFileList.plist
- com.apple.logic.pro.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile
- com.apple.logic.pro.plist
- com.apple.logic.pro.plist.lockfile

There maybe a couple more logic/pro/plist files not listed above.

Upvote 0
Think I have traced the problem to a couple of plugins which no longer seem to be compatible with Logic. Remove them from the channel inserts and everything settles down. Will keep you posted if I come across anything else. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
HUGE UPDATE!!!!

Well I was able to fix the problem, some what. The piano roll select window not showing all the information only happens to me now in old projects. I rebuilt my templates and the problem seems to be fixed. My old projects that were built with my old templates still do NOT display all the information in the piano roll window when I select things, but at least any new project I do from now on will properly display the information. I will repost if anything goes wrong.

Basically if you are having this problem and you use custom templates made from earlier versions of Logic try building your templates from scratch and the problem should go away.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Moving my Logic preferences seemed to fix the problem in the piano roll if it was still attached to the Arrange page, but not in the floating window, but moving my preferences removed all my keys commands, of course, so it was impossible to work not just difficult. The above fix seems to be the only thing. Hopefully I don't have to work to much in my old projects. I could always import the data to a new sequence if I had to.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
... but moving my preferences removed all my keys commands, of course, so it was impossible to work not just difficult.
Thanks.

Save your custom key commands by selecting Export Key Commands from the Options pop up in the key commands window.

They are saved to User>Library>Application Support>Logic>Key Commands

Attachments

• kc.png
    kc.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
To add to my post above:
I just noticed this in Logic's Preferences. See attachment. Looks like the best option for initializing preferences.

But one still needs to save their key commands as mentioned in the previous post, and to have a back up the Preferences (com.apple.logic.pro.plist & com.apple.logic.pro.cs) in case they want to restore them after trouble shooting.

Attachments

• Allxcept.png
    Allxcept.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0
Back