Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 9.1 on a G5?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by HKC, Jan 12, 2010.

1. HKC

HKC Senior member

Has anybody tried to run the update on a G5 yet........Still waiting for the next line of Intels but also wanting to keep up with what´s going on. I am afraid that this time I don´t have the nerve to install it right away.
  3. mmm42

mmm42 Senior member

No more PowerPC code in Logic Pro 9.1 and MainStage 2.1
  4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

It seems that this will not work, there have already been some comments that 9.1 does not show up in software updates on a PPC Mac. 64 bit would not work on a PPC mac anyway as it requires Snow Leopard. Looks like Apple were serious when they mentioned on its release that Logic 9 required Intel

kind regards

5. HKC

HKC Senior member

It's true, it doesn't show up in software updates.
    I guess that over 5 years with my G5 is quite a long time and the next Pro Mac update can't be far away unless they are trying to break the record from last year.
    I do use a lot 3rdware so I guess it will be a while before they are up to it anyway.
    BTW what about UAD, do they work in 64 bit, I know TC are still struggling.
  6. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

UAD plugs are 32 bit.
  7. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Hi Jay

I think HKC may be referring to 64 bit drivers, not to the actual Plugins themselves. Here, UAD and Powercore are both working in Logic 9.0.2, now 9.1 in OSX 10.6.2. I am using the public beta for the powercore that TC announced here

kind regards

8. HKC

HKC Senior member

Cool, I use these a lot and was worried that maybe they wouldn't work. Still being on G5 I don't have the Snow Leopard issue with Powercore which I gather is quite annoying. The word around here (like TC I'm from Denmark) is that they work 24/7 to fix the drivers.