1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of Redmatica appears - but not in Logic Pro

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Colin Shapiro, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

So, Logic Pro 10.1 is out and sadly there are no major updates to EXS24.

Many of us were hoping that Apple's purchase of Redmatica would somehow manifest as new features in Logic. Now it seems that something has popped up in MainStage.

Check out: http://www.apple.com/mainstage/

Down the page, you'll see
    Auto sampling. More instruments, made simple.
    Auto Sampler quickly and easily transforms your hardware synths into sampled instruments that you can play from your Mac. Your keyboard rig just got a whole lot simpler to set up and manage.​

I wonder if EXSManager and Keymap features will ever arrive in Logic? Maybe in 10.2...... :(
  3. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Yeah, that's great! I just bought 3. 1 thirty seconds ago! :) Did you see that EXS24 now supports bidirectional sample playback when presets are made in Atuosampler? I think that is one of the coolest "retro sampler" features.
  4. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

Just tested the AutoSampler and it is great for a first version, more intuitive and now we have a better workflow to import and test immediately into MainStage.

Now, I still miss the possibility to create my own level maps as I could do from Redmatica AS (only 8 fixed presets to choose from now).

Neithertheless it is nice to have it now in MS :D