Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a "burning" problem

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by Christian Sjonnesen, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Christian Sjonnesen

Christian Sjonnesen New Member

I'm having trouble transferring my compositions to a CD that can be played in a regular CD player. I've tried bouncing and saving as MP3, Wave and AIFF, but the resulting CD can only play on my computer in I-Tunes. Is there a way to format the CD first in Apple? I sent the files in my 'playlist' to my Windows operating computer (as MP3's) and was able to format the CD first as a "mastered" audio CD. Then I was able to burn the CD and then play it in a CD player, but the quality isn't very good - very high sound volume as well. Can anyone help?

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

You don't say how you are actually creating the CD. I always burn from an iTunes playlist (from 44.1/16 wav or aiff) and never had any problems.

I haven't tried burning direct from Logic's bounce menu so can't comment on that.
  4. Christian Sjonnesen

Christian Sjonnesen New Member

Yes, I created a playlist (44.1/16 wav or aiff) and burned it onto a CD, but still not able to play the CD in a regular CD player.

I have also tried burning directly from Logic's bounce menu, but it only allows me to record one file on one CD. Then it ejects the CD and when I reinsert it to add more tracks, I get a message that the disc is incompatible; needs an empty disc.