1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addictive Drums sale

Discussion in 'Services offered' started by georgelegeriii, Sep 14, 2011.

1. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Hi luggers,

just got an email from IMS Pro, an online store. They have my personal favorite drum app, Addictive drums, on sale for less that 50% of it's normal cost. I have ranted and raved about this fantastic drum plug-in for years now, and wanted people to know that, if they were interested in picking it up, now would be a great time, for only $99.

After taking a look at all the available drum plug-ins out there, this one responds to me like a real drummer would (having been a drummer myself years ago). The sounds are awesome, there are a variety of kit add ons and midi file add ons, and the size is reasonable (about 1 gig per kit pac). They load quick, and sound real... and for this price it is a fantastic deal.

FYI I am in no way affiliated with either IMS or XLNAudio

http://imsproav.com/main/Hot-Deals-and-Rebates/Monthly-Specials/XLN-Audio/XLNAUDAddictiveDrums.html

Admins, I was unsure where to put this so please move it if you think it belongs somewhere else.

3. bruno garza

bruno garza Member

First, I saw Frank Zappa at the Santa Monic Civic Center years ago.
    What a show.

Second, I have Additive Drums but I bought EzDrummer and Superior Drummer 2 from Toontrack.

Having both is a great thing too.

4. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

I was an early adopter and big fan of AD but I simply cannot recommend that anyone buy today plugins that are neither 64 bit nor made a a commitment to be 64 bit in the near future.

5. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Bruno, I was lucky enough to see Zappa a few time (including Steve Vai's first tour with hi (Ship Arriving too Late) and his very last tour... still miss him and his sense of humor...

Jay, I agree to a point, that said, I still use Logic in both modes, and have never had any issues with AD in either 32 or 64 bit mode (with the 32 bit bridge). If I were to toss out my 32 bit plug-mins because they weren't planning on 64 bit versions, I would loose over half of them, and the thousands of $$ I have spent in the last 12 or so years, since I purchased the Pro 53 plug-in.

6. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

The only 32 bit plugs I have not weaned myself from are the UAD ones, and I save those for the mix stage after I have bounced all my software instruments to audio. And that is what I recommend to users but YMMV, George.