1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding audio/software tracks with busses

Discussion in 'Logic Wishlist' started by jlproductions, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jlproductions

jlproductions Member

I would love when adding tracks to arrange if, in addition to asking what input and outputs I'd like (which is a nice touch), one could duplicate the bussing scheme. If I have six busses assigned it should be a no brainer to create a track with the current bussing scheme (yes with duplicate track it does this but often one doesn't want the same exs24 track etc...).

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Interesting request. Not a bad idea.

Why not just set up your template with all the audio tracks and software instrument tracks already created with the buss assignments you want. That's what I do and it works great. I can then use the "create next track" command and it works perfectly. I have two sends set up permanently on all my tracks and instruments - one for reverb and one for headphone mix. Plus a few other auxes and subgroups, etc

4. jlproductions

jlproductions Member

Well I do this but these days I prefer not to have such a complicated envirment to start (partly because the add tracks is a nice new feature). Actually another feature I would like is to create the names for the track at the same time. Let's say I decide, now I need 8 tracks for backround vox. It would be nice to say create 8 tracks, called vox1-8 and then click. Or I know I now will need 4 more exs24 tracks called woodwinds 1-4. Just would speed up workflow...j.

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Nice idea!

6. orjankarlsson

orjankarlsson Member

if you select let's say track 1-8 in the environment and use the text tool to rename the first one "vox1" the rest will be named "vox2" "vox3" and so on...I use it this way all the time. :)

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Me too - but it's not quite the same thing. It requires going to a different window, scrolling to find the cannel strips, etc. Several extra steps are involved.

Tip: The same technique you describe applies for regions in the arrange window. Naming a multiple selection with a number at the end will cause them to all be named with the same name and numbered incrementally.

8. orjankarlsson

orjankarlsson Member

Yeah, but it's a cool thing anyhow.... :) One of those little Emagic-things.