1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Adding effecs to one part of an audio track

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Mockliam, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Mockliam

Mockliam New Member

Hi. I'm using Logic 9 Pro. I want to affect only part of an audio track. There is a section of the track that I have automated to increase in volume by 2db and I wish to add a delay effect to this part only. I can't find anything in the manual that explains how to do this. Many thanks.
  3. Mike Weber

Mike Weber New Member

Mockliam: I encountered the same challenge a few weeks ago and found this instructive video that taught me how to do it.

4. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

As you have automated the volume, you can also automate the mute button or – if this leads to sudden glitches – any parameter of your delay plugin. The dry/wet parameter is a preferred candidate.

Depending on the situation and the plugins you use it may be a better idea to bus the audio to an aux channel and have the delay there (only wet).
  5. bambony

bambony Administrator Staff Member

As Peter suggests the easiest way would be to automate a send to an Aux channel with the delay inserted on the Aux channel.