Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Adding Midi External Instruments

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by beatman, Dec 20, 2012.

1. beatman

beatman New Member

I have a Roland Guitar Synth and a Roland keyboard synth that I'd like to add.
    I've watch a couple of videos which explain the process of going through the environment screen.When I name and add them do they have to be connected to logic to be recognized by the selected port? I don't think the video said anything about that......

Thanks
    beatman

3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

All you have to do is to select the Instrument object in the Environment and set its port in the inspector (the port setting must match your external instrument). After that you have to create midi track(s) for that Instrument in the Arrange. It is a good idea to name your environment instruments so you can recognize the tracks in the arrange easily later - for example the Roland Guitar Synth as RGS etc.

4. beatman

beatman New Member

I tried to add my Roland GR-33 guitar synth last night.I tried to record something and I could hear everything i was playing it showed in my arrange window as a white file instead of green..It recorded the data,but i can't hear it. My midi info shows the input notes as i play them but it says no output?
    I went thru environment>create new instrument>then named it in the inspector. One of the dropdowns gave me an option between Midi interface & all I selected midi but i don't remember selecting any port..I think the inspector shows as channel 1. I'm not home right now or i could be more specific...