1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Adjusting barlines to scene markers in video project

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by toneweaver, Nov 1, 2012.

1. toneweaver

toneweaver New Member

Hi, folks --

I'm new and have searched the Forums for an answer to my question but haven't had any luck, so here I go:

I'm running Logic Pro 9.1.8 on an iMac with 4Gb of memory, running Mac OS10.6.8. I'm doing a video project and just starting out with video scoring. I know there's a way to adjust barlines to particular hit points/scene markers in Logic Pro but haven't been able to find it. What I want to do is to adjust the tempo of a region of music so that I get a downbeat on a particular hit point.

Any help from more experienced video composers or editors?

3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Here is the online user manual Beat Mapping chapter. Have a look at that (there is a sub chapter "Beat Mapping to Scene Markers" as well).
  4. toneweaver

toneweaver New Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try!
  5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

You may find scene markers aren't the most elegant way to do this. They can miss a scene change and also give you way to many markers. I'd define the area you want analyzed by creating a marque selection.

Also beware that if you delete the movie from the project, it can take the scene markers with it!

I generally just navigate to the frame and use the key command for create marker without rounding. Be sure to SMPTE lock all you markers as you create them.