Legacy Apps ALU : Loop Utility problem sort of solved!

mattrixx

Logician
Hi folks,
The Apple Loop Utility has been faulty for a while.. remember the ol' need to save to another location thingy etc etc?

Well, I have found that if you download the old version (1.3.1) found in the Apple Loops SDK here

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/Apple_Loops_SDK_1.3.1.dmg

... use Pacifist to get the Apple Loop Utility.app file and replace the version that is in your Utility folder with this, it will all work again. (back up your v2 version by compressing it or something).

Viola!

Hi folks,
The Apple Loop Utility has been faulty for a while.. remember the ol' need to save to another location thingy etc etc?

Yes! I have had this problem often - where it won't allow me to just "save". I have to use "save as". I use it infrequently these days, so never bothered getting to the bottom of it. Good to know there's a work around - albeit through the back door!

Upvote 0
Yes! I have had this problem often - where it won't allow me to just "save". I have to use "save as".

Not to say this is always been the issue, but make sure you check your file type. Apple Loops is an AIFF-only format, yet you can send a WAV file to the ALU, which means you'll have to re-save it.

Orren

Upvote 0
That is not entirely correct. The Apple loop utility does in fact work with .wav files also. The preferences in ALU allow you to convert automatically to aiff, or continue in wav format.
In other words, it doesn't matter that your files are not aiff.

Upvote 0
That is not entirely correct. The Apple loop utility does in fact work with .wav files also. The preferences in ALU allow you to convert automatically to aiff, or continue in wav format..

Ah cool! I didn't know that. Thanks!

Orren

(Honestly, I think that the whole process of making your own audio Apple Loops is a bit dodgy...MIDI Apple Loops are fine though)

Upvote 0
Back