Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ambient internal synths in Logic X

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Antaren, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Antaren

Antaren Member

Hi:
    Looking for recommendations on where to start looking for ambient sounds in the internal synths that come with Logic. I'm looking to create recordings for massage, meditation, etc.

Thanks.
    Karen

3. anp27

anp27 Member

Logic's built in 'Sculpture' synth immediately comes to mind.

Unrelated: I see you're located in Woodstock..been there a few times on tour... just absolutely beautiful.

4. Antaren

Antaren Member

Thank anp27. I will explore it.

Yes, Woodstock is very beautiful. Where did you play?

Karen

5. anp27

anp27 Member

You know what... I've forgotten.. I vaguely remember the name having the word 'Bear' in it.. and I could be totally wrong about that too.

This was like 6 or 7 years ago by the way..

6. Antaren

Antaren Member

Maybe the Bearsville Theater? There's a lot of music performed there.

7. anp27

anp27 Member

Yup, that's the one!

8. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Have you explored the included Soundscapes available in the Synthesizer patch library?

9. charlie

charlie Senior member

The EXS and ES2 also have some great sound-scape type pads as well as Sculpture... They all have great options for Ambient type pads etc.
    I might also recommend starting with any of those synths and perhaps also sending them through Logic's Space Designer on a bus (or an insert) and try some of Space Designers "Warped" texture reverbs...
    There are presets in SD that are more than just reverbs but have more of a sound design slant to them- (sorry, not in front of Logic now, but I know there are some amazing convolution textures with ringing harmonics which are fantastic for creating Ambient textures...)
    Best of luck!

10. Antaren

Antaren Member

No, but I will now!:) THANKS, CSeye.

11. Antaren

Antaren Member

Thanks, Charlie. Looks like I'm going to be having a lot of fun with all this! I was hoping that I would be able to creatively play with the internal synths in Logic.

Karen

12. charlie

charlie Senior member

And so you shall! :thmbup:
    And definitely give Space Designer a try as well. I recently took a drab bell type sound from an FM VI synth and made some beautiful 20+ second harmonic laced pads that I never would've come up with had I not explored some of SD's more "out-there" patches.
    Enjoy!
    :abduct:

13. Antaren

Antaren Member

Thanks Charlie. Hadn't thought about using SD. Another tool to explore!

Karen