1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Any comments on Ultrabeat vs exs24 for drum samples?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by LivePsy, Aug 11, 2009.

1. LivePsy

LivePsy Member

Ultrabeat is a great hybrid of sample player and synth. But I want to use samples only and don't want to use the pattern sequencer in Ultrabeat. Any comments on using exs24 for a drum kit instead of ultrabeat?

I'm also thinking of LP9's ability to chop up a loop and put it into exs24 automatically too. Very useful.

Regards,
    B

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

There is no reason not to use the EXS 24 for drums. I would decide which to use purely on the basis of which one has the sounds I want to use.

Indeed - another reason to use the EXS.

kind regards

Mark

4. LivePsy

LivePsy Member

Are there kits prebuilt for the exs24? I haven't seen any on the load and save menu.

5. Maurits

Maurits Member

No trouble there, but for the record, Ultrabeat works as a midi drum machine just as well. Just put it on an instrument track and play away.

Maurits.

6. artofmixing

artofmixing New Member

I like using ESX24 for creating interesting glitch type effects with drums plus it reminds me more of the old hardware samplers in terms of 'visual' onscreen layout.

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

One nice advantage to using Ultrabeat is that you get a little volume slider as well as mute/solo and pan control over each zone. And it's dead simple to import EXS 24 drum kits in. It's a great little drum mixer. Having said this though, I have to confess to rarely actually using it myself - old habits die hard :brkwl: