Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Any issues with OSX 10.8.3?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by gdoubleyou, Mar 16, 2013.

1. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Supposed to fix graphic issues with Logic.

Haven't seen much about it, any users here?

:cool:

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I never had the graphics issue. At this point, 10.8.3 is very stable with Logic 9.1.8 and the Apollo. There's a thread over at at LPH with favorable initial impressions.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Hey Carey, would you say it's worth making the jump from Lion to Mtn Lion at this point in terms of "improvements?" The computer nerd in me wants to check it out. I have my cloned drive as a safety of course.

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

"Carrie doesn't live here any more"
    Cliff Richards (A favorite tune from another era)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YAk3whve24

Hi Dave,
    Wally here, aka CSeye;).
    Test it out on your clone to see first hand how it works with your system's unique blend of plug-ins, drivers, etc. That's the only way to really know for sure as there are so many variables at play in each individual's set up.

Having a cloned back up, and installing the OSX upgrade on the back up is the way to go. Essentially no risk.

I tend to be an early adopter (er, upgrader). But I also tend to do a backup, then a clean install, with each major OSX upgrade. (I did upgrade my MBP Lion system to ML without any issues. A clean install was completed later on after installing the OWC Data Doubler and new Seagate Momentus Hybrid drives.) Also run Cocktail periodically. http://www.maintain.se/cocktail

10.7.5 is running really well on my MacPro1,1 with L9.1.8, the Apollo, and latest versions of all software, with Komplete 7 being the exception. (K8 on my MBP running 10.8.3). No complaints. But it's the end of the road OS for that Mac.

I see many users holding steady at 10.6.8. Can't argue with that. Same with 10.7. But my experience with 10.8 has been essentially problem free.

Post your experience when you get a chance,

Best regards,

Wally

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Thanks Cswaleyery! Ipad spell check didn't know that cseye was a name so my apologies:)

I'll see about updating. I usually update the actual drive and not the clone as I'm crazy like that. Plus, the startup drive is a much fast SSD so I'd like to put it through its paces. I'll keep ya posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Artificial intelligence at work. :D

In rereading your question, I can't really state that ML is "snappier" than Lion, but in my case, there have been no draw backs.

Cheers.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Great. It's now installed so I'll be putting it through its paces this week.

9. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Seems good here (latest logic/iMac 27" 2011)

10. rokko101

rokko101 New Member

Hi. The problem was there since 10.8.

Maybe it was more nVidia graphics related. Anyway the issue is almost fixed.

It's much better now ... but still sluggish Multipressor and EQ analyzer... Before 10.8.3 Waves PAZ analizer, C4, just to name a few graphics intensive plugins, would freeze Logic Pro for a few seconds. It's much usable now, but still not 100%.

11. hsdrecording

hsdrecording Member

dont do it if your using a profire 2626!! they still havent made drivers for 10.8.2.

12. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

After 2 full days of real work Mtn. Lion has been great. I'm working mainly in Logic, mixing but have needed to open PT and DP to do other stuff. Also, I hate to say it, but, it seems, how do you say, snappier...

13. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Excellent news.:D