1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apogee Duet vs Echo Audiofire 4

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by Halvor, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Halvor

Halvor New Member

Anyone here using the apogee duet? Been hearing great things about the sound quality in this thing (preamps, converters) and I have been getting the impression that this is as good as it gets for the price range and Im wondering if I should check it out.
    Im currently using an Echo Audiofire 4 which also is known for good preamps, but Im curious to know if theres a big difference in sound quality in these two soundcards?
    If anyone here has experience using the Duet and other cards, please share your opinions.

3. Lauren2010

Lauren2010 Member

I'm using the duet.

I am happy with it, and one guy who mixed a few of my songs said the raw recordings I provided him were nicely done and very clean.

No regrets here.
  4. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

I have it - it was my main interface for a while - preferred over the PT 002R that I also had regarding sound quality. It no longer is the primary interface, having dumped the 002R and replacing that with an Ensemble. And that's the only reason I don't use it regularly.
  5. denitronik

denitronik New Member

I have a Duet and I like it a lot.
    The sound quality is great and was a step up from my previous interface (MOTU 828MKII).
    It is well integrated with the Apple operating system and versatile (I sometimes used it as a re-amping interface for example).
    The only complaints you will see is about it is the break-out cables, but I don't mind it.