Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apogee Ensemble vs Metric Halo ULN-2 / 2882

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by dialashop, Mar 22, 2010.

1. dialashop

dialashop New Member

I presently use Focusrite Saffire and I believe its time to move on to a new audio inteface and the race is between the following:

Metric Halo ULN-2
    Metric Halo 2882
    Apogee Duet
    Apogee Ensemble

Apogee Symphony system seems attractive latency wise and sound wise, but to get the set up it costs alot (need preamps, monitoring etc).

I need 2 inputs minumin and Adat for the future.

Vic Stathopoulos
    http://www.dialashop.com/vic/index.html

3. bradbass

bradbass Member

I cannot speak to the Metric Halo piece, but I do own the Apogee Ensemble.

Pros:
    * Great sounding Apogee convertors. Not as good as Rosetta, AD16x, DA16x, but PLENTY good!
    * The Maestro Software is killer, and Apogee always has updates and patches available immediately after any OS update. Apogee and Apple seemingly work together better than others....

Cons:
    * Unless you can justify the Apogee mic pres ( I do not) , it is an expensive box.
    * It utilizes the firewire bus, and I have NEVER had good luck with Firewire Interfaces. I find myself having to reset the Ensemble more than I should have to...

As a former PT HD3/Apogee AD16x HD card/ DA16x HD card user, I miss those convertors (and low jitter C777 clocking built in...), and am strongly considering moving up to the Symphony system. However, it is indeed difficult to justify approx $1900.00 vs. $7000.00 or more!!!!