1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Apple Loops - Logic 8

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Howie Roxx, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Howie Roxx

Howie Roxx Member

If anyone can help that would be appreciated as this is my first post. When I installed Logic a year ago it installed Apple Loops to my Macbook Pros harddrive. After getting tight on harddrive space I move the 34 gig Apple Loops directory to an external harddrive. As you all know Logic cannot find the Apple Loops folder on the external drive. How can I redirect Logic to look in the Apple Loops folder on the external drive?

I see that many do not like the new format. Change is always inevitable. I like the new format. Great job Admins! :)

Thank you in advance,

Howie

3. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

If you drag your Apple Loops into the Browser window, Logic will re-index them at their current location. This will bring them all back. You can just select the top-level folder they're all in, and drag that folder onto the Browser window, you don't need to individually drag them all.

Thanks! :)

Orren

4. Howie Roxx

Howie Roxx Member

Hey Orren... thanks for the 'QUICK' reply to my post about Apple loops. It worked like a charm. I was able to drag some other loops into the media library as well. This is a great forum to be a part of.

Thanks a million... Howie

5. chrisb

chrisb New Member

you have to re-index the loops.
    make coffee.
    open Logic.
    open the loop browser and drag the loops to the browser.
    drink the coffee.

* note to self; check if other's have answered BEFORE writing an answer.