1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 ARGHH! New Key Commands Again!

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Eli, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Eli

Eli Senior member

Echoing George Leger's earlier comments here - they changed the default key command assignments for stadard zooming yet again! And they've renamed and reassigned many others as well; as I am slowly finding out :mad:

If anyone is using the "new" defaults for "US with numeric keypad", can you tell me what that key is that is assigned to "catch clock position"? It's some sort of weird squiggly line that I've never seen before.

Heads up to everyone else who may be searching around as I am: tie regions by object position is now called shuffle regions left within selection and has a new default key command assignment of option [

There is also now a shuffle regions right within selection that is assigned to option ]. Very nice!

3. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

4. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

I pressed Alt-K to get the Key commands, then searched for 'catch clock', apparently, there is no shortcut assigned, but you can assign one.

Also, you can now sync with mobileme on your account many presets from logic.
    That may be a simple way, to restore your favorite shortcuts in logic present and future versions (?).

Hope this helps,
    Fabien

5. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

by "Catch Clock" do you mean "Pickup Clock (Move Event to Playhead Position"? That one is in the Key Command list and was already there in Logic8

About the MobileMe implementation. That was also introduced in Logic8, they just renamed a few labels from .Mac to MobileMe. The feature is cool but the implementation/interface is confusing and not really well thought out.

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for that pdf file - I'm anxious to take a look at it.

The key command in question is to toggle the regular "running man" catch icon. It used to be the tilde key. But now, with the L9 defaults, I'm not sure what it is. If anyone using the new defaults knows what that squiggly line is, please let me know.

I do realize I can still use my old key commands; but I am trying to learn the new ones. Since I do a fair bit of Logic training and instruction, it makes the most sens for me to be working from the defaults as much as possible.

7. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

Like I said (read upper in this thread), just open the Key Command Window, then click on the search field in the dialog box, then type 'catch clock'.
    You'll get on the left panel the command to be assigned to , on my L9 fresh config., it was unassigned by default ...
    Then assign a key and you get you're running man shortcut.
    So it's the shortcut you're looking for and it is apparently unassigned in L9 by default.
    Fabien

8. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Fabien,
    I'm on my laptop now, I'll take a screenshot of the command (on my tower install of L9) in the morning and post it so that you'll see what I am talking about.

I reset my key commands to US with numeric keypad. In that set of key commands, there is something assigned to the catch clock command. When you say it is unassigned, are you using the regular US set or the US with numeric keypad set? Because if you are using the regular set, and there is no assignment, then that is a clue that it is one of the keys on the numeric keypad. I'll check this out in the morning. Believe it or not, you inadvertently may have helped me figure this out :)

9. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

The thing is that this command (catch clock position = you're running man icon that we both know quite well since the beginning of Logic:)) is assigned for me whatever you reload the US or US with numeric keypad to a key,
    but this is not the tilde anymore here but the 'paragraph' char. instead.

It was unassigned when I updated from L8 to L9, before I reloaded any presets in the presets menu of the key command window...

If you have a look to all clock related commands (and you probably already did) you might see this is your command, at least I don't see any other command, related to catch clock position, that would be named differently.
    But I probably didn't understand what you're really looking for ?
    PS:it may also be possible that my preset was not updated correctly due to the fact that I dont use an original Apple keyboard but a mac/pc compatible one.

10. Ginger

Ginger Member

It would be great to have an option to see an additional column in the key command window, showing the factory set (the key commands that appears if they are initialized by the user).

11. Eli

Eli Senior member

So, where exactly is that "paragraph" key command on the keyboard???? Here's a picture of the command in question.

Attached Files:

12. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

it's mapped on Option+6 keys, but it won't work if you try this from logic !
    Funnily enough, if you use the learn mode and set the shortcut to Option+6, it works ...
    it sounds like a little key mapping bug :rolleyes:
    For more info on how to instantly find an extended mac keyboard mapping, you might find interesting :
    http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codemac.html
    you also have an apple similar link, but I found this one really nice :hippy:

13. mk3

mk3 Senior member

That's an excellent idea. I like to keep my key commands as close to the default as possible, just for ease of working in other studios. Considering my dysfunctional memory, it's enough of a challenge to remember one set of key commands!

Please submit this idea to Apple via their suggestions link!

mk3

14. mk3

mk3 Senior member

The Split Region commands have also lost their key commnds....