1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arranging question.

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by OldMacTech, Jan 19, 2014.

1. OldMacTech

OldMacTech Member

I do a lot of multi track recording basic instruments are drums, B3, bass, 2 GTRs, 2or 3 Vox. Some of it is rough tracks for song ideas, some music minus one recordings so I can teach a song to a band mate.

I find it easy to arrange by recording a typical intro, verse and chorus the using arrange markers to make duplicates so I can sort of automate and expedite the process. One song that caused me issues was Bell-Bottom Blues Derek/Dominoes) that has a three note guitar run up to the verse. If I copy and paste the verse I either have to exclude the run up or include it- in either case the timing gets screwed up.

I'm not sure I'm looking at this the right way and am not a trained musician but is there a way in logic to "insert or make way for" less than a full bar?. Not sure I'm even asking the question correctly.

Thanks.

Jb

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I'm not familiar with the song, but will assume that it is in 4/4. Are you looking to insert a bar of 3/4 time? Or are the three notes of the intro played on beats 2, 3 and 4 of a 4/4 bar? It is possible to insert single bars with a different time signature in a logic arrangement.

kind regards

Mark

4. OldMacTech

OldMacTech Member

It's 4/4, think 2,3,4 ,1,2,3,4 etc.
    Thanks