Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Artist Spotlight Multitrack Projects

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by voxboy, Jul 14, 2009.

1. voxboy

voxboy New Member

I've recently purchased Logic Studio and my wife hasn't seen me for days. It's a steep learning curve but I'm loving every minute of it.

Does anyone have any views/opinions of the multitrack projects from the Artist Spotlight musicians? How do I open them in Logic? I can't seem to find them.

3. zerobeat

zerobeat Senior member

The learning curve was steeper (some would say over vertical!) with previous versions of Logic. The program is way more tidied up, there are certain automatic things now that used to require psuedo-"programming" in the Environment, and the manual has been rewritten (no longer in Germanglish). Logic7 started this trend and Logic8 improved on it.

The demos are on the 8th DVD called "Demos" or something like that. You need to hold down OPTION and drag the DVD icon from the desktop to your hard drive. This makes a copy. If you don't hold down option, you are only making an alias. Then open the Logic project(s) from the hard drive (DVD is way too slow).

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

I know I sound like a broken record...er, a, corrupted mp3 I mean; but, check out the tutorials at groove3.com. Just rent em. You'll be up and running in no time!

5. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

Let me add my voice to daveboy's. The Groove3 tutorials are excellent. Far better than some of the others that are out there. Also, the Apple Pro Training books on Logic 8 are very good, however there are quite a few typos that need to be figured out if you are working with them by yourself vs. taking a class. Larry

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey guys, thanks for the props! Glad you have enjoyed the videos.

7. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

+1 :thmbup: