1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Assigning tracks with Presonus FP 10

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Jontomas7, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Jontomas7

Jontomas7 New Member

I know this is probably going to be a really dumb question…but I'm pretty new at this and I can't quite figure it out.
    I am running Logic 9 Pro on a Macbook Pro and I have a Presonus FP 10 as an interface.
    How do I get input 1 of the Presonus to be track 1 on Logic, input 2 to be track 2, input 3 to appear as track 3, etc…?
    I have lucked into it a time or two when it worked, then there are times when I plug into input 1 and it corresponds to track 6, 8, any random track, on Logic…and I can't get any audio when that happens. I know I must be missing something really obvious.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

There's an option when using the add new tracks dialogue, I think it's a checkbox in logic 9, it's at the top of the list of inputs in LPX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Why not set it up once as you like, and then save it as a Logic template?
  5. robitaille59

robitaille59 New Member

You can change the input for any track to be any input on your interface. Just click the input box (the top box under I/O in the channel strip) and all the physical inputs available will appear.

A quick note (because I use a Presonus Firestudio) if I'm using my laptop away from the interface all the inputs are greyed out so make sure you have the interface attached to the computer to change the inputs to a channel strip.

But once you get that set up do like Eli said and make a template.
  6. Jontomas7

Jontomas7 New Member

Thank you all for the replies. I knew it would probably be something that simple!
    Now…once I get the inputs to correspond to the proper tracks…how do I go about making a template? Complicated?
  7. robitaille59

robitaille59 New Member

You just click "File" then "Save as Template" then you have to name it something. From that point on when you start a new project there will be a folder "My Templates" you'll choose the one you create.

What I do is create a template when I record a band. I name the template after the band and label the inputs "Sax", "Bass", "Piano", "Kick", "Snare" etc etc and I put a piece of masking tape across my interface and label them also so when I set up I won't have to think about it.

The band gets done with a take, I save it and label it with the name of the song and the take number, then quickly open a new project with that template.

Then when I'm done I don't have this monster project to edit down into individual songs.