1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 AU won't show up in Logic Pro

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by louielia, Jun 16, 2012.

1. louielia

louielia New Member

I have the newest version of mac book pro that you can get. I just got it yesterday. I also just got Logic studio, and it's updated to the latest version.

After I got the mac, and installed Logic pro, I wanted to add some of my favorites Synths. I always used Sylenth1 in FL Studio on my PC, and I wanted to use it on my mac.

So, I went to the Sylenth1 website, and downloaded and installed the mac version of Sylenth1. It installed really fast, and the icons appeared as blank pages.

Then, I launched Logic Pro, and went straight to the Audio Utility Manager and rescanned for Sylenth1. It showed up and was successfully validated. But, it won't appear in any of the drop down menus (I checked in "Input" just below I/O, and under "Inserts", but all that appears for AU is "Apple".

Thank you for your help
  3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Sometimes you need to run and scan your AU plug-ins with Logic in 32 bit mode to get Logic to properly see them. With Logic closed, you can toggle between 32 and 64 bit by going to the the Logic application icon, control-click, select Get Info, then in the Get Info box check the 32 bit box. Then launch Logic. If you want Logic to be in 64 bit, you need to repeat the procedure with the 32 bit box unchecked.
  4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Since you never mentioned that Logic instruments, rather effects, make sure you are using an "Audio Instrument" track. Select it under the "track > New" menu, and once you have created it , look at the blank pop up box just below the words "I/O". You should see it there.

One other way you can confirm it WAS installed correctly is run the AU Manager, it should be in the list of available plug-ins there.
  5. louielia

louielia New Member

Thank you for your response! But I did try opening logic in 32 bit mode, and then rescanned the AU's- Sylenth1 does appear, but it just won't open. When I try to force it open directly, it says "File not found"
  6. Sylenth1 (one of my favorite synths as well) does work fine here in OS X 10.7.4 and Logic 9.1.7. My old "Sylenth1 License" email has private download links that may be different from the public version. Worth a try?
  7. reales

reales New Member

Public files are known to get issues. I think you need the latest private build get it working.