Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 audio dropouts

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by D-audi, Jun 24, 2013.

1. D-audi

D-audi New Member

Greetings all, having a slight issue with audio dropouts using Logic 8.0.2 with an early '08 MacBook and OS 10.6.8. What happens is that, usually when a mix gets busy, I lose the Logic audio output... there is no sound or meter activity at all. This has happened occasionally over the years, but more often since upgrading to Logic 8. (which was only last year, I stay behind the times)

I'm using Logic's stock plugins, plus Battery (same issue in v. 3 and 4), ACE, Diva, Phatmatik Pro, var. Fabfilter, var. URS, and others. I have done disk maintenance in Onyx, repaired permissions, verified disk, cleared AU cache, and turned off other programs besides Logic and the Focusrite interface software.

Not the end of the world, no data lost, just a little annoying to have to close Logic and reboot just about every session.

3. DSP Hungry

DSP Hungry Member

What audio interface / driver are you using?

4. D-audi

D-audi New Member

I'm using the saffire pro 24 dsp, and I'm not sure the driver number (I'm at work), but it is the most recent I can use with my laptop and OS.