Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio edits not playing back

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by bttahern, Jul 10, 2014.

1. bttahern

bttahern New Member

So I am pretty new to logic but getting around pretty good so far. I was editing some audio last night, specifically a lived recorded bass. I made some edits and seprated into regions then moved a couple sloppy bass strikes around. It sounded good. Then I made made some crossfades and all of a sudden when I would play it back i would only here the unedited track even though I could see all of the edits in the track.

I am sure I made some stupid little mistake but I can't find the answer so I wanted to see if there is a reason for this.

Thanks!

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Have you used the FlexTime feature? If so, make sure to enable it.
    If that is not the case, posting a screen capture of your track window could help making the cause of your issue more obvious...

4. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Also, sometime the fade files get corrupt. You can delete them and Logic will rebuild them. They're in your project folder in a folder called fade files (or something similar).

5. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

I was getting something similar on a series of cuts, some of which simply wouldn't speak.
    I solved it by putting xfades at the sensitive boundaries, but this also meant I couldn't simultaneously use any flex features.

6. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I haven't run into this yet... but just for the sake of problem solving, did you try Doug's recommendations on an alternative project file or otherwise safe Save As project?

7. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

CSeye: thanks for the prompt :) I will try Doug's suggestion next time I hit this problem

pete