Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Sample - Envelope Handles like Cubase

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Baldy, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Baldy

Baldy New Member

Coming from Cubase, i miss a feature that allowed you to modify an audio sample directly on the track. It had handles so you could change the overall sample volume, the attack, and the release.

I could modify to suit and then bounce to a new track.

Does logic x have anything similar? Even if it doesn't, would appreciate hearing about your alternative workflows either within the editor, or via a plugin.

The only viable way i have found so far would be via automation, but its quite fiddly, and am looking for something a little quicker.

Thanks in advance :)

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

In terms of changing the volume, that could easily be done with the Gain parameter in the Region Inspector.

In terms of attack, that can be achieved using the fade tool at the beginning of a region. The fade can easily be curved to simulate different attack characteristics.

In terms of release, the only thing I can think of is using the fade tool at the end. This can simulate shortening a release envelope, but not lengthening it.

I'm curious, how is the release of an audio file can be manipulated in Cubase? Isn't the release tied to the actual length of the region on the track? How can you increase the release without increasing the length of the region?

4. Baldy

Baldy New Member

The Fade tool is exactly what i was looking for. It works the same as Cubase.

many thanks :)

regarding the release - apologies my confusing description, i was referring to shortening the release envelope.