Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Audio settings

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by jayfolland, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jayfolland

jayfolland Member

Sometimes When i select a New audio track (option command N) It copys Some Random settings from another track, effetcs etc (e.g.
    compressor, reverb)
    I thought it may be what ever track was highlighted at the time Both in Eviroment, mixer or arrange window but it seems to have nothing to do with that, if i select a new empty track shouldn't it just be blank,

:)brkwl:Im not duplicating it either, and i've done exactly as the manual says)

Does anyone have any solutions to the stop this happening?

3. Maurits

Maurits Member

If this happens, it's not really a "copy" as such. It means the newly created track is assigned to the same audio channel as another track. If you change anything in the plugins of the new track, you'll see the other track changed too. As soon as you assign the newly created track to a new audio channel (also confusingly called "track" in Logic most of the time), the plugins and settings will be reset.
  4. jayfolland

jayfolland Member

Ok cool, at least i Know im not crazy now.
    I just tried to change it then but i cant find where i can do it?

How do i find out about this, is it in the manual?
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Jay,

What's likely happening is that you are indeed calling up a new "fresh" track; but at some point in your project's past life it contained some settings when used previously and that is what is being remembered.

Check in your project settings under the audio section and try toggling the automatic management of channel strip objects item off.
  6. jayfolland

jayfolland Member

I've checked the manual high and dry for that and i cant seem to find any info regarding this matter, i tried toggling the Object box but i had no luck i tried leaving it off and creating new tracks

The only valid info i found in the manual was regarding what the objects tick box done but no info regarding my actual problem, is it a project bug?

I was wondering how i find out some conclusive info regarding the matter?

How do you guys know about this, or most of the wealth of information that seems to be flying around is there a secret manual that im failing to know about, i feel extremely ignorant when i post here.
  7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Jay,

There's no secret manual. Sometimes I wish there was! Anyway - in the Project Settings (not preferences) go the the tab for audio. Once there, you'll find a checkbox for an item called: "Automatic management of channel strip objects". Try toggling this setting and I think (I'm not certain) you'll find this to be the source of the problem.

It's actually a feature not a bug. Suppose you create a channel strip and then delete it. You later decide to call up another channel strip to continue working on your project. Logic chooses the next available one. Maybe you want it to remember the settings you had experimented with before previously deleting it? Maybe you don't and want a fresh one?
  8. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

So do I, sometimes. It is incredible what some people know. But you can take it relaxed. In the LUG are some of the best people of the Logic (and not only Logic) world. That's the reason why many obviously difficult problems get solved in no time. It's not your ignorance, it's because they are so good :thmbup:
  9. ButchGTR

ButchGTR New Member

I have this exact same problem..... the solution is not working though.:brkwl::brkwl::brkwl:

10. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

I've come across this before and I'm not sure deselecting the automatic management preference cured it either. Work-around: reset channel strip (in channel strip settings menu). Annoying, but it works.
  11. ButchGTR

ButchGTR New Member

You're right... deselecting the auto management doesn't work for me.!!

As far as reset channel strip..yes I do that but it's very annoying to create a new track and it AUTOMATICALLY decides what channel strip I want.Its one of those things Logic over thinks by trying to be clever.If only it was the "only" overly clever Logic thing.:rolleyes:.Garage Band sure looks good somedays.:hippy: