1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Audio to Midi?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by pianistguy, Jun 27, 2009.

1. pianistguy

pianistguy Member

I know how to convert a midi file to an audio file, but is there a way to go from Audio to Midi?
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Logic offers various methods to convert Audio to midi - look for the audio to score function in the sample editor -> factory menu. Be aware that this function is very dependent on the source material. It works well for individual drum tracks, it may work on monophonic material such as bass guitar, but with polyphonic audio you will in all likelihood not find the results terribly satisfying.

kind regards

4. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

I agree with mark, and another way to do monophonic transcription is via melodyne, if you have it.

In fact Melodyne has been promising to do this polyphonically for a while and I am one of thousands who are waiting for it's release

5. mk3

mk3 Senior member

Also Waves Tune (full version, not the light version) has audio-to-MIDI functionality.
  6. Davo-London

Davo-London New Member

MarkDVC, i've got to the window showing the audio to score detail and that worked fine for a bass riff. But it still is an audio file. I don't know what to do with it to turn it into midi?

7. Davo-London

Davo-London New Member

I mean I need step by step help. I want to save this into the brain of my Roland TD12 drum kit.

Peace Davo
  8. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

I have a tutorial on this in my book, "Going Pro With Logic Pro 8."
  9. Davo-London

Davo-London New Member

Jay, that's really helpful. I have Logic Express, can I do the same with that?

10. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Yes, you can.