1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Audio via Headphones and USB

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by SpeedyJohn, Apr 3, 2011.

1. SpeedyJohn

SpeedyJohn New Member

I am new to Logic Express 9. I have a iMac and my projects play audio either via my headphones (which are plugged into the iMac) or the Bose Companion that is plugged into the USB port. I control this via the Preferences/Audio. Sometimes switches causes Logic to crash.

My question is how to I get both to play at the same time? I find that I want to hear my projects through the Bose, which is superior sound and the head phones at the same time.

Any help is appreciated. I am a good student! Thanks!
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

I'm not sure if this will work, but you can try it:

* Set up an aggregate device for both of these audio output engines in the Audio MIDI setup utility in the OS X Utilities folder.

* Select this aggregate device as your driver in Logic.

* Route all of your channel strips to an unused bus instead of directly to an output channel strip.

* Create two aux channel strips, both receiving input from that same bus that you have all your channel strips outputting to.

* Now that duplicate full mix signals are arriving at each of these to aux channel strips; set the out put of one of them to one of your physical outputs and the other to the other physical output.

I haven't tried this so can't confirm it will work. But it "should"; at least on paper anyway.