Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authorizations on new iMac

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by Tux, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Tux

Tux Member

Hey Guys,

I'm expecting my new iMac i7,27", 4GHz, 3TB Fusion, 16 GB Ram next week.
    Currently I'm using a 2008 MacPro.
    I have my internal drives ready to copy over to the iMac and a current Time Machine backup on external disk
    I am also getting a Dell computer to use in a small network.
    Also I'll be using Logic Pro in VEPro.
    For those who have experience in this area could you tell me what sort of surprises you encountered especially when getting sample libraries files locations recognized by their software.
    And how did you go about obtaining new authorized licenses for the new iMac?
    This is my 1st experience using a network and I will be streaming data off the Dell.
    Will all the sample files of my Mac platform libraries install (effortlessly) onto the Dell?
    Thanks for reading and any assistance in what I hope will not be too stressful an endeavor.

Tux

3. BenB

BenB New Member

If you do a restore from the Time Machine backup, most of your questions will be non-issues.

Sample libraries, re-index them in LPX. "Click Loops at the top of the Loop Browser, then choose Reindex All Loops from the pop-up menu."

You don't need to reauthorize anything with LPX. Once your new iMac is set up, launch the App Store, go to the Store menu, and log in to your account. Simple as that. Re-download if necessary.

Regular Ethernet and WiFi are often not fast enough to stream media from one workstation to be used by an app on another. But if your network is fast enough, it'll work ok. Will your sample libraries work on the Dell? Depends, what specific sample libraries do yo have? What format are they in?

4. Tux

Tux Member

=============================================
    Thanks for the helpful reply, Ben.
    The sample libraries I have are the complete EW Symphony Orch. and Hollywood Orch and Choir all in Play vers. Also the Vienna Ensemble Special edition volume 1 in Ensemble Pro 5 as well as EXS24 in Logic Pro X and MachFive3 in ufs format. There is also Kontakt 5 library as well Chris Hein Horns and the larger Sonokinetic libs in Kontakt 5 and Omnisphere 1and also Titan played in Engine.
    I certainly hope all the libraries are playable from the Dell since that is why I'm buying it. I hope this is the info you were requesting.
    Any insight would be most welcome.
    Thanks - Tux

5. BenB

BenB New Member

I know most of those third party add-ons link your registration to your specific computer. Before erasing your old Mac, contact the developers and find out how to un-authorize it. Then find out how they want you to "transfer" the registrations to a new computer. Also, most of them have registrations for only one computer, so you'll have to buy a second license for the Dell (still not sure what its purpose will be). But yeah, you need to contact the developers and get them to tell you specifically how to transfer registrations, and if you can put them on more than one machine at a time.

6. Tux

Tux Member

========================
    Thanks again Ben. I plan to use the Dell to stream the samples in real time which as been suggested here and on other sights.