Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automating power on/off in track header

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Jay Denson, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Is there a way to automate the power on/off button in the track header? Like if I have a new track - same instrument for adding CC# data. You might want to turn the CC data off at some point in the mix. Obviously you can’t mute the CC track as that mutes the main track too.

TIA Jay
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Interesting question. I assume you are talking about track automation and not MIDI Draw? Mute automation is available, but automation for the On/Off button is not available. It would be a useful feature.

If you are working with MIDI Draw and the CC automation is contained within isolated regions, then just split the regions where necessary and then mute them.
  4. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Automating power on/off

Interesting question indeed!! I am not talking about Midi Draw - I mean tracks assigned to an instrument (new track, same instrument). The only way to mute them as needed is to toggle the power on/off button. How can one automate that? I think there isn't a way. As you say, Eli, it would be darned useful.

Kind regards, Jay
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Why can't you just split the regions where necessary and mute them where required?
  6. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Hi Eli

Yep - that would do it. Why didn't I think of that?

Best wishes, Jay