1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Automating wet / dry in EQ

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by noiseordinance, Aug 6, 2013.

1. noiseordinance

noiseordinance New Member

Hey guys. This is going to sound like a silly question but I'm stumped. Let's say I create an EQ that sounds all telephone like.... high mids, cut highs and lows... and let's say I want to start a sound sounding all crappy with my telephone filter, and then I want to slowly turn it off revealing the regular audio... how can I do this? When I go to the automation settings for my EQ, I see a million options for scooping highs and lows and such, but isn't there a way to just simply control wet / dry? Like go from 100% wet to 100% dry, thus saving a ton of individual automation tweaks? Any thoughts?

3. pfloyd714714

pfloyd714714 Senior member

One possibility would be to put the eq with the telephone-like settings on an aux track and use a send to control it's influence on your original track.

4. noiseordinance

noiseordinance New Member

Thanks! I set it to pre-fader and lowered the aux track levels while boosting the dry track levels as a sort of cross fade and it worked perfect. Thanks!