1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Automation from imported midi file

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Hansverm, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Hansverm

Hansverm Member

I've imported a midi-file and I can't get rid of the automation. It seems imbedded in the file. It always jumps back to -8,6 dB and to a pan setting of right +31. I cannot see any automation in Logic and I've tried copying the file with automation setting 'never' and paste it to a new track. Programming new automation in Logic doesn't help, neither does setting automation to off.

any advice or help would be welcome
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Where precisely are you looking? This is likely MIDI CC info. look in the Event List and it should show up there. It's not really "automation" as you are thinking about it; more like just some static MIDI CC messages at the top of the file.
  4. Hansverm

Hansverm Member

Thanks Eli
    I figured it was something like that, from googling around, but didn't know how to reveal it in Logic. I'll check your advise when I'm working on that song again. thanks a lot!
  5. PJStella

PJStella New Member

If you look at your hyper editor that where you will find the automation. The white lines on the track are the automation that was written in the hyper editor.
  6. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

The best solution I know is to open the event editor, hide notes, and you will be left with CC data. Grab the stuff you don't want and hit delete.
  7. Hansverm

Hansverm Member

Thank you all, that worked!