1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Automation Issues

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Burcho93, May 10, 2014.

1. Burcho93

Burcho93 New Member

I've tried most logic forums and no one seems to be able to have a solution to my problem. I have certain tracks containing regions that have automation drawn in that is automating LFO parameters in NI Massive. The automation in these regions only reads correctly when I have that track highlighted. Otherwise If I have another track highlighted, the lfo automation on the other track gets screwed up and sounds choppy, and sort of lags. When I try to bounce these regions to audio files, the automation still sounds choppy and laggy. This has been a problem for me for a while, and I am unable to bounce my tracks because of this. Even when I try to bounce the entire project, the automated regions are still messed up. Would anybody have an idea what could be causing this?
  3. TimsInstruments

TimsInstruments New Member

Hello. Not an answer but another question which seems to be in a similar category...
    Having recorded numerous software instrument tracks using a midi controller (basic MAudio Ozone keyboard), we've found that there is automation data written into the regions by the controller. Aparrently MAudio can do this, and there is a hidden parameter reset which I'm still searching for.... anyway. Problem is its mostly velocity data, so that it blocks any volume changes in the arranging stage - you can watch the logic fader jittering up and down (following the midi data) but cant over ride it when mixing. I've opened the tracks automation lane, which displays nothing.
    Looking at the region there are small white bars here and there which I assume are velocity changes created by the Midi controller. Often this data is recorded these onto multiple tracks. I think it may have even done it to non midi (audio) tracks on occasion>
    I know most important thing is to resolve the controller issue but it would be nice not to have to redo all the affected.
    If anyone knows how to remove or override this embedded data I'd be extremely grateful.
  4. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Are there incoming MIDI events involved, from a MIDI device or from the Environment? This would explain the difference between selected and unselected tracks. Logic receives MIDI only on the one selected track unless the events are routed directly in the Environment. Maybe the automation doesn't get screwed up but there is something missing on unselected tracks.

If you cannot find the problem in this project you may try to freeze or bounce the single tracks which do not work properly during normal work.
  5. Burcho93

Burcho93 New Member

Yes there are midi events before and after the problem track. I can't bounce the single problem tracks because the automation still gets choppy when bounced to audio. When I try to freeze them, they still do not read correctly. This has been a problem for every one of my projects, because I use NI Massive automation in every one of my projects. I can't finish any of my tracks because of this.
  6. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I cannot assist further because I don't have NI Massive. If none of my previous ideas can help the problem may be related to this software.
  7. pkm

pkm Member

Do you have "volume, pan, sends, plugin parameters" selected in Prefs/Audio/General/Sample Accurate Automation?
  8. William Lawrence

William Lawrence New Member

Although it's been over a year, and you may not have this problem anymore. I found that if you bounce in 'real time' then there is no issues with the automation differing from how it should sound.