Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automation Question

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Jay Denson, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Say I have a region with lots of automation and I want to lower or raise the overall level without altering the changes inside the region. Is there a way to do this?

Obviously I can insert a Gain plug-in in the channel and deal with it that way. But if I have a group of, say, six tracks with the same automation I would have to insert six Gain plug-ins and set them all the same. OK, not too much hassle but not the most elegant solution.

Any ideas? TIA Jay
  3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Such similar tracks are usually organized as a "subgroup". Route their outputs to an AUX channelstrip and set the common level there with the volume fader or, maybe better, with a Gain Plugin.

If you add the AUX channel to the arrange window as a track, you can also automate it.

You are in Logic X. Check the new "Track Stacks" function. Basically a "summing track" is a subgroup but you may find it comfortable.
  4. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Hi Peter

The tracks in question are in a stack already. If I bus them to another aux (and then route that aux to the stack bus) I'm left with the problem that individual channel sends (mostly reverbs) are left hanging if I change the new aux level. I use track stacks a lot. It's a great feature.

5. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

I got it. You marquee the section of automation you want to raise or lower. Grab any point in the automation track and pull it up or down. Exactly what I wanted to do.