Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automation seems Automated

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Alti, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Alti

Alti New Member

Since the update to 10.1, the automation indicators on various tracks seem to jump from latch to read all by themselves. This can be correct momentarily by togging the affected track to active or from active to not active, but the problem keeps recurring.

I cannot seem to find a correlation to anything else I am doing. I thought at first my controller (Mackie CU with two extensions) might be at fault, but taking them out of the system doesn't change anything.

Any thoughts?
  3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Try "Bypass All Control Surfaces".
  4. Alti

Alti New Member

Really, no one else has experienced this? Hmmm

Bypassing the controller doesn't affect the problem. Still, when in play mode and editing, the automation settings will, seemingly on random channels, switch from latch, which is how I usually set them by default, and read.

If you activate a particular track on which the system has flipped out of latch and into read, that automation setting will flip back to latch, but it won't stay that way in all cases after activating and moving on to another track.

Seriously, no one else is having this? Hmmm....