Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 autopan

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by mrvinyl, Dec 5, 2011.

1. mrvinyl

mrvinyl New Member

Is there an autopan plug in for logic? can't seem to see one

3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

4. mrvinyl

mrvinyl New Member

Thanks but I wondered if there are any automatic panning options other than automation that come with logic and aren't third party

5. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I don't know what you would have against a free third-party plug-in, but I gather there is a way to use AutoFilter to achieve some autopan functionality. I haven't used it that way myself.

6. mrvinyl

mrvinyl New Member

Nothing against third party plug ins, apart from I can't install them on the machine in question. Just thought Logic would come with lots of different panning plugs, can I achieve auto panning with any of the spread plug ins

7. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Try the Modulation > Tremolo Logic plugin. As starting you can try any layering (looped) sound with "hard left right" settings:
    1. Depth=100
    2. Rate=1/8 (synced)
    3. Symmetry=50%
    4. Smoothing=0 (you can try other values later)
    5. Phase=180

8. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Actually the "Autofilter" suggestion is perfect. You can do panning without filtering, set the timing as a musical value rather than just a time value, alter the amount of spread. the thing ROCKS!

And yes, Logic has almost every thing I can think of as a plug-n and some are more flexible that you think, with unusual features (like the extras in the tape delay: tape flutter, to help add a bit more realism, and the hidden distortion parameter).

I would suggest you take the time to at least scan the Plug-ins manual, you will be very pleased.