1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by EmyLele, Jun 14, 2015.

1. EmyLele

EmyLele New Member

anyone can tell me if it's possible to autoplay a song each time I load it?

3. paulnajar

paulnajar Senior member

I haven't done it in the longest time but ti used to be possible many moons ago by saving the song while it is in play. Next time you load it starts playing.

In other words logic used to remember the play state in saving. Now? Not sure.
  4. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

Doesn't seem to work in Logic Pro X
  5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

As is the case with Paul, it's years since I saw a logic project which started playback when loaded. I could be completely wrong, but perhaps it is possible to configure this using meta data?
  6. EmyLele

EmyLele New Member

For dummies? :p

I use OnStage X "on the stage" so I would call my song and it has to begin to play immediately
  7. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Yes this should be possible. You need a kind of trigger. So far I understand the playback should start without an external trigger, so we got to find something that starts running when the project is loaded.

For example:

Make an instrument channelstrip, load the "External Instrument" and set it's output to an IAC bus. Load the MIDI plugin "Modulator" and leave it at default settings (output CC 1).

In the environment, on the layer "Click & Ports", connect the chosen IAC input to a small environment patch that does the following: With one incoming CC1, generate one single Meta Event #55 which starts the playback (suppress all following events from this port).

Function: When the project loads, the Modulator plugin starts immediately, sending CC1 events to the IAC bus. This generates one Meta Event 55 and the playback runs.

You may find other ways (plugins) to generate a MIDI event at startup, probably you can get it from a channelstrip instead of using the IAC bus. Or some external hardware sends you something when a project gets loaded. But the method is always the same: you need at least one MIDI event to convert it to one Meta Event 55.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  8. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Without using the IAC Bus:
    File => Project Setting => MIDI => General
    "Send after loading project: Used instrument MIDI settings" (active)

Clip a monitor to an instrument channel and you will see a couple of events coming out at project start. Take one of them, convert it to one Meta Evetn 55 and you are done.