1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Aux Automation

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by sonnykeyes, Jul 4, 2014.

1. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I have 12 vocal tracks that all submix to an Aux where I want to fine-tune the send to the delay bus to catch the last word of each line. I can put the Aux track into 'Touch' mode and manually adjust the Send as the song plays, but it's fiddly and I'd like to do it visually onscreen but I can't seem to force the Aux to appear as a track in the Arrange page so I can do this.

Can anyone explain what I'm missing?

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Local Mixer Menu:
    Options —> Create Arrange Tracks For Selected Channelstrips

4. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Thank you so much, Peter, I guess I've always just used the Mixer view in the Environment Window and never paid much attention to the Mixer Window, as I thought it performed the same functions. I'm going to spend a little time learning it now!

5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

You can also assign an Aux track in the Arrange as usual:
    New audio track, right-click in the header, Reassign—>Mixer—>Aux.

6. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Oh, that's clever! I've never noticed actually, because over here I just go with clicking the Automation button on the mixer's channelstrip; what happens then is that a matching track is created up in the arrange area.

7. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Ha! And there are two more ways to do it, both of which are probably documented somewhere in the manual, but impossible to find using the Index. Thanks guys!