1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Software recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by daveyboy, Sep 5, 2013.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

I'm a former Retrospect user and still use it to retrieve old projects. This involves booting up into an older version of the OS and doing a lot of finger crossing. As of the past few years I switched from backing up to DVD to hard drives. I've been using a little app called Folders Synchronizer this allows me to make an I divi dual setting for each client and just run a simple backup onto my other drive into their backup folder. The problem is that it's not a true backup app so it doesn't keep all the Lpgic song files and just over writes the existing one. It does update the audio files and adds any new files though. I'd like more of a retrospect type thing where I can see all the old versions of the song file but doesn't encrypt and compress it like retrospect did. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey Dave,

I'm personally a big fan of SuperDuper. It does incremental backups and so replaces only new files or files that have been updated. It's fast and efficient and inexpensive.

But form what you describe, although I don't really like it or use it myself, it sounds like Time Machine might be just what you are looking for if you want to keep old versions intact for possible retrieval.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Thanks Eli. I use Super Duper all the time but only for cloning drives. I'll check out its backup functionality. I'm used to having individual backup sets for each client so I'm not sure SD will do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free